Thursday, March 26, 2015

When God Does Romans 8:28

Life has twists and turns.  Disappointments.  Difficulty.  Danger.  Discouragement. 

We hit the wall and bounce off it.  We pick ourselves up and start back again, not knowing what will follow.

If you are Called of God and Love HIM you know what to do.. but it's hard.

When the worst possible things seem to happen and you tear your hair out, then it's time to Let God Be GOD.  He says he will take all things, not a few, not the easy ones, ALL THINGS and reweave them into the fabric He calls favor. 

Romans 8:28 says "We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God-those whom he has called according to his plans and purposes for your life".

Or the Amplified:
28 We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.

You are covered in his goodness as he takes things you didn't imagine could work out and as you walk doing what you know suddenly things come out not only for your good, but better than you ever thought they could.

I had one such today.  A customer and I ended up at odds.  My guy didn't show up at the shop. His phone was off.  I didn't know what to do.  I ended up going pulling the order and delivering it.  One the way I decided as long as I was out and about, I would take the shears and cut another order.

I did.  I needed to get out. It turned out overall to be a great day.  I got a lot done.

Once I settled into allowing things to work out for good.. they did.

Does it always go this way?  NO.  But it goes this way often enough to be worth doing.  Trusting in the plan is the issue.

Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding said Solomon.  It's still true.

No comments: